Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sample Diet: One Day


Me: a 49 year old female. Sure, my body has changed, and so I'm assuming I now have food sensitivities I never had, or maybe noticed, before. Now I pay attention since breathing is such a luxury for me, I never want to give it up again. Eating french bread and aged cheeses is not worth growing polyps... assuming those foods, for me, are part of my problem. Anyway... I'm also a little vain, enjoying the compliments from people... "your FACE looks different... did you do something to your eyes? Did you get a nose job? You look happy... have you lost weight!" (NO KIDDING).
.
Morning: A big fruit salad with local honey, sprinkled cinnamon and nutmeg on top. Tea: one bag of stinging nettle tea and one of green tea combined. Usually I would have 2 cups. Maybe a cup of coffee. Eat my supplements, and fish oil pill. Shower. Wash out nose a bit. For the first two weeks I used my nebulizer at least once a day (sometimes more) for sure in the morning, and then as needed... and in the beginning it was definitely needed.
Morning snack: apple and green tea. My 10 am meds. Nasal spray, first peroxide mix, let nose dry, then the Fluticasone (now referred to as F). Facial massage while I lay on my back with head over bed.
Lunch: Sweet potato and huge salad with greens, carrots and whatever I wanted to throw in, as long as it was just a fruit or veggie. Fresh chopped oregano, chives and rosemary. Lightly salted and peppered. Another nettle/green tea cup. Sometimes I would add avocado and apple to the salad. (see photo)
Afternoon: banana and an apple.
Dinner: Steamed veggie and potato. Sometimes a white potato, but would try to stick with sweet potato or yams. More fresh chopped herbs. Lightly salted and peppered. I would eat until I felt very full. Veggies have little calories, so you can have at, with as much as you want. Nettle/green tea.
After dinner: go for a "quick" 10 minute walk down the street, and then back. Carry my emergency inhaler.
Dessert: apple.
10pm same med duty as 10am including massage. I always brought a big glass of water to take to bed since at first I could not breath through my nose and always awoke each night, every night, on the hour with a parched throat. Usually I used my emergency inhaler at least 1xs per night since I simply felt like, well, SHIT. It was just horrible.
NOTE: THROUGH THE DAY usually at least 4x's per day, I squirted the 3% peroxide solution (solution mix with equal parts pure water) up my nose, and held it there until it was stinging so bad I would sneeze or simply have to blow my nose. I read this kills off bad skin cells and bacterias. Remember, I am trying everything at once. I can't stand my "life".
.
Anyway, you can see, I was never hungry (I ate a lot!), still lost 10 lbs (im assuming since I was not eating CRAP), and felt like a million once that freeking polyp came out. What a difference.

No comments: